Fundamentals of Shooting Course
Does your target look like this?
If so, we can definitely help! Sadly, we know several people would be happy with this level of shooting. Carrying a firearm is an awesome responsibility and when lives are at stake, accuracy matters! Imagine taking a head shot at 25 feet when someone has a gun to your loved one’s head, still think the above target looks pretty good?
In this 4 hour course, we pick up where the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit ends. We teach real fundamentals of marksmanship with a combination of classroom presentations, classroom drills, and ultimately live fire. We guarantee you will improve your skills during our course!
- Basic Firearm Safety
- Shooting Terminology
- Mental Aspects of Proper Shooting
- Loading / Unloading of the Weapon
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Stance / Shooting Platform
- Proper Grip
- Presentation of the Weapon
- Sight Alignment
- Sight Picture
- Trigger Management
- Breath Control
- Follow Through
- Recovery to Holster
- Recoil Management
- Most Common Shooting Mistakes & How to Correct Each
- Range Rules
- Live Fire on the Range
- Diagnostic Drills
- Basic Firearms Drills to Improve Skills
No matter whether you have ever fired a gun or not, we will work with each and every one of our students one-on-one to ensure you become a better shooter! This course is for everyone regardless of experience.
Requirements for the Class
- Your own weapon (We will have a limited number of guns available to rent but it would be better to practice with your own gun)
- 150 rounds of ammo (We will also have limited calibers available to purchase if needed but prefer for you to provide it)
- Holster for your weapon (Included if you rent one of our weapons)
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Closed-toe Shoes or Boots
- No open tops (Hot brass down the shirt hurts!)
Course Difficulty: Basic / New Shooter
Cost: $75 (Gun rental and ammo available at an additional cost if needed.) Price includes range fees.
All graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion!
There are no upcoming classes at this time.